Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Samudra Dugar Staff

A big part of our life here has been the wonderful staff of our Samudra Dugar apartment building. They are all very kind people and all are a big part of Kaia’s world. From the watchmen, Shankar (bottom left) and the ‘old man’ from Nepal (at left, center), to Geehta (right) the ‘sweeping lady’, to brothers Swami and John (at left, left and right) who take care of building maintenance, they have all been fun people to see each day. Kaia knows them all so well now that I’m sure that he will also ask about them once we leave. Back in my pre-departure clarity, I had wanted to do short interviews and profiles of each of them for the weblog, but like many small projects, other things quickly wash over them. We wish them all the best.

Why I Love this Time: I wonder if the smell of industrial strength cleaner will always trigger memories of India for Kaia, I know that it will for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Are you planning to leave the Samudhra Dugar Apartment? I am from the US and would like to find out if any one is renting or selling a place there especially the 3rd or 4th floor facing the ocean? Please call me at 93 80 77 77 30.
Thanks