Thursday, May 11, 2006

Onsen

The Japanese know how to relax. What you say? The Japanese?!? Well, for all that is made in the international media about the excess of the Japanese worker (and now Americans work more hours than the Japanese), the flip side is the great beer and sake, amazing food, and the onsen resort. I have been all over the world and I don’t think that anything comes close to a Japanese onsen where you can soak your cares away in the steaming hot spring baths and have the most (for my money) tasty and elaborate meals prepared and brought to your room. We arrived here weary and exhausted from the emotion of leaving Chennai and are leaving refreshed, CLEAN, and reflective. As well, the hot steam and soak helped to push along Kaia’s recovery and any lingering cold that I had seems to be gone.

Why I Love this Time: As he squats in the hot rotenburo (outdoor bath) with a huge smile on his face, “Papa, Kaia loves onsen!”

No comments: