Thursday, May 04, 2006

FabIndia

I don’t think that I could wrap up this weblog without some entry on FabIndia. Why, you ask? Well, it’s probably because we’ve spent thousands of dollars there over the past year and ½ on clothing, home furnishings, fabric, you name it. Just speaking for me, of my wardrobe here, probably 90% of it is from Fab. If you factor in all of my clothes (here and in the US), it’ll probably work out to 75% still! In the same way that I became a Uniqlo bitch in Japan, so could be said for our addiction to Fab here in India. When things are $5-10 a pop it is so easy to buy without thinking, even when the aggregate of the various things almost always exceeds $100. The garments are really nice, all hand-made and with natural fibers and just perfect for the Chennai heat and humidity. Even Kaia has a number of kurtas from Fab and he knows the various Fab franchises very well…I don’t think that we’ll need to buy clothes for quite a while in the US!

Why I Love this Time: This strip in Besant Nagar where the new FabIndia is located has become a very regular place for us. The Nilgiris market, Murugan Idli Shop, the Dollar Store, Giorgio restaurant, just to name a few…I’ll miss cruising the street together, dodging poop, drunks, and street vendors with Kaia…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear indiapapa (sorry, didn't get your name!)

I do hope this comment reaches you some way, since you've apparently closed your blog by now and there's no other email address or profile here that I can write to...

I chanced upon the entry on Fabindia in your blog and wanted to thank you for your encouragement. We're super glad that you like our merchandise and our store.

Hope you'll keep in touch with us, giving us your bouquets / brickbats... Do visit us at www.fabindia.com often and send in your suggestions about how we can make your experience with us even better.

Please drop in a line at communications (at) fabindia (dot) com, so we can remain in touch with you and inform you when something special's happening, especially in the US.

Warm Regards (especially to little Kaia),
Kriti

[Graphic Design + Communications,
Fabindia Overseas Pvt. Ltd.]