Sunday, April 16, 2006

Precision Vomiting

So we got back early Saturday and still today (Sunday night) Kaia is sick. He seemed fine all day, playing and generally being himself, but tonight at dinner with Auntie Kate at Eden, when the spaghetti came, he neatly vomited up all the day’s food, right onto the plate. While it was, again, very sad there was a tinge of humor to it as it vomit was very controlled and neat and settled right to the side of spaghetti. It could certainly have passed for a side dish. I cleaned him up a bit and, since I’d forgotten to pack a change of shirt (really all the extras were used up on the car ride down the mountain) we had to walk to a nearby children’s store and buy a new outfit. While the clerks there were convinced that Kaia was not close to 3, but in fact 4 or older, they adamantly told me that nothing there would fit him. Having lived here long enough to know that you never take things for face value (and not wanting him to continue to wear his lunch), I pushed to see their largest outfits. Of course, they fit just fine and it was almost as if I was forcing them to sell to me! Such is Indian customer service from time to time.

Why I Love this Time: The story behind the new ‘kite shirt’.


No comments: